Monday, December 10, 2007

Fun Monday Holiday Decor 101

This Fun Monday is hosted by Kaytabug This is what the assignment was:

In the spirit of the season I would like to see your favorite Christmas tree ornament. Not to be confused with the WHOLE tree. I want you to zoom in and show me one or a few(you know I can't choose just one!) of your favorite ornaments. If you don't decorate a tree, show me your menorah or dreidel, Kinara, or Yule Log. I want to see your favorite decoration for this holiday season.

I am sure that many of your families were like mine and at some point developed the tradition of giving similar items each holiday season to make up for whatever traditions they decided not to carry on. I know that seems like a harsh way to look at it, but I am a realist and I love psychology, sometimes it is necessary to look at things from a different perspective to see them for what they actually are! I digress...(Sorry Hun...)

Anyway, I have selected some of my faves. Kaytabug took pics of them last night for me, but to her suprise I added my own!!! HA HA HA, i mean Ho Ho Ho!! The weather turned shitty overnight so I got the great phone call halfway in to work telling me not to show up until 0800!! So here I sit at 0615 posting my Fun Monday. ENJOY and Happy Holidays ALL!!!!

I have always loved the muppets. (no that is not the year I was born either...)

This is a toy that I may never actually get. Maybe someday.... (hint hint Kaytabug!!)



The great thing about this ornament is that it talks!!! Every time we turn the lights on we get to hear the Emperor say:

"As you can see my young apprentice, your friends have failed.
Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle station!
Fire at will, Commander!"
It's really fun to watch the dogs cock their heads wondering, "why the fuck is that tree calling me its' apprentice?!"

Any guesses on what my favorite movies might be? Damn you for saying Star Trek!!!!!

Well, I hope this was as entertaining for you as it was for me...

17 comments:

Kaytabug said...

LOL Great job! I actually didn't take pictures for you. I was going to do it this AM since you said you couldn't post until tonight. So HO HO HO!

Pamela said...

beware of the dark side of the tree

Anonymous said...

Oooh Oooh! I've always wanted Han Solo in my house.

Dreaming What Ifs...

ChrisB said...

Great collection. I hope you get the wish list toy!!

You would have enjoyed the visit I made to the ILM in SF a couple of weeks back. I saw lots of Star wars models and took a few photos. I haven't done a post about it yet.

A Slice of My Life said...

Boy ornaments are so much differnt than what girls pick out! Fun bike, good luck on getting the bigger version!

Susan at A Slice of Life

Sandy said...

Next we need pics of the dogs, OK? Fun post!

Sandy said...

oh, and outstanding tiger!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Ah, the Death Star... my Dad would love, love, love you! Great collection!

Unknown said...

May the force be with you. I am impressed you have the whole set. And, your death star with sound? That's great.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Cool. I'm guessing you may find the ink angels at my site a little sicky.

Sauntering Soul said...

I imagine that talking ornament would startle and scare me every single time the lights were turned on. I just don't expect talking Christmas trees!

The Kermit one is really cute!

Bren said...

Oh, my husband would LOVE those! I'm pretty sure he quotes Yoda in his sleep.

Molly said...

Very nice ornaments, I like the Kermit one best.

willowtree said...

The Death Star is amazing!

Ha ha! Star Trek is not just your favourite movie, it seems to be your life choice!

Fianna said...

I am guessing that you named 50% of your pets? I never put that together...

God help Kaytabug and I if you and Not Craig meet. Light saber wars will commence.

kitten said...

Is that a Harely? My son wants one. Very good pictures!

Tiggerlane said...

The Death Star on the TREE! What a perfect ornament! LOL!