Sunday, July 10, 2011

Microhelp

I am a die hard MAC lover, through and through. The ONLY 2 reasons I deal with Microsoft at all is due to work, and my XBOX. I am starting to rethink one of those uses entirely. I am locked out of my hotmail account, which inadvertently causes an issue with my XBOX live account. I have done some crap online to try resolving the issue, but that has done little more than piss me off.

I wanted to call Microsoft support on the phone but of course they don't list the fucking number ANYWHERE. I did however find a number on the XBOX live support site. I called them. The woman I spoke to was great. She tried everything she could think of. Alas, her ideas were also doomed to fail. She did however have the phone number to Microsoft support. So I called. Guess what!! They have an automated system that doesn't listen for shit! That should have given me a clue, but no, I ignored it. So, after about 10 minutes of touch pad navigation through the verbal maze of misery I finally get transferred to a live person.... Presumably in a third world country who apparently studied English for a few days.

As I am not trying to come across as an ass, I will just divulge my half of the conversation...

Hello (spell last name 3 times)
(spell first name 2 times + 1 time phonetically)
I need to unlock my account
No, that isn't what I said. I need to UNLOCK my account.
Yes I did all that online already... Yes I did. I did that already. Yes I did that too... No just unlock it... I already made a new account... No, I need to get into my old account to link my XBOX account to my new account... Yes I told you I did that... Fine, I am going back to that website... See I did this already... What do you mean you can't verify my identity?... I'll hear from a supervisor in the next 24 hours?
-holding breath-



For you being so ABSOLUTELY UNHELPFUL subtract 10 points!

I loathe Microsoft!!! I will be so happy when I can amputate that word and system from my life!


- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: