Monday, January 07, 2008

Fun Monday: Welcome to the ZOO!!!

This weeks Fun Monday was hosted by Lisa she wanted us to show off our pet(s). Well, Kaytabug and I have a few, but I assure you, NO REPEAT PHOTOS. We worked together on this...

This is Neko, I have no idea how old he was here but I would say about 2 or 3 months. What a cutie huh??!!!

Interesting side note, Kaytabug will be the first to tell you how much I love our pets. One morning almost 10 years ago I came home from work, and Neko was gone. Some ass munch decided that walking around our fenced in back yard was too much work, so they opened the gate, let the little puppy out into the world and cut through our yard. Trust me, I followed the boot prints. There was snow on the ground. Kaytabug was out of town with our oldest and I was a mess. I made phone calls, drove around town for about 4 hours, then I saw a tattoo shop. I pulled something out of my sketch book, went inside, came out 3 hours and $200 later with a sore shoulder and an aching heart. I got back to the house and there was a message from the local vet. Someone had found our puppy and took him to the vet. I picked him up and have put locks on our fences since.

I love my doggies!!!


This is our oldest with both of our cats. I would venture to say that they wasted a lot of time staring out this window. Celeste is on the left, her brother Yoda on the right.

If you look closely, you can see the squirrel saying "PUSSY"

16 comments:

Kaytabug said...

I remember taking those photos. That squirrel was not afraid at all. I am so glad a found those 2 going through photos today!! Great job, Baby!

Alison said...

I am glad you found your sweet puppy...that would totally piss me off!! Too funny, getting a tatoo!!

Fianna said...

A tattoo is dedication! The careless and heartlessness of others towards animals enrages me.

If I am not kept in line, I will be the crazy cat woman, adopting all poor creatures.

Great pics, great story!

Unknown said...

That bottom picture of the cat & lunch is priceless. Any man who is willing to tatoo the dog for visuals is a very GOOD person.

kitten said...

Awww! Great story!

Pamela said...

great masculine perspective on the menagerie!

Unknown said...

I'm amazed at all the people who have dogs and cats living together quite well. Love your photos, esp the kitty watching the squirrel!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found Neko. He has such pretty blue eyes!

We also had to resort to locks on our fence when in MI. Problem was they would then just climb over the fence. Assholes.

Anonymous said...

Oh, where is the pic of the tattoo?

Sauntering Soul said...

A tattoo? Now that's love! I love the photo of the cat and the squirrel....priceless.

Peter said...

Good story about your pets.

Anonymous said...

Neko was sure a pretty puppy!! Love his blue eye. Cats waste so much time looking out windows. You'd think they would do something worthwhile....like catch mice or something.

Jo Beaufoix said...

Neko was so cute. Thanks God you got him back. Some people are just gits aren't they.

Sandy said...

So, as Neko grew, did you get your tat updated? Just thinking. 'Cause if you didn't, now might be a good time!

-Ann said...

Squirrels get their kicks from taunting house pets. Great photos.

The new Fun Monday topic is now available. :)

Alison said...

I like your new header..when are you going to start posting again!!