Saturday, October 20, 2007

Home alone with the kids

Well Kaytabug left for a retreat with her mom yesterday. Of course being the good husband I elected to take care of the kids for the weekend. Our oldest had a friend sleep over for the past 2 nights. So far s good, no broken bones, or serious injuries. Having 5 boys (myself included) in one house with no mommy around can get dangerous. I think today we will have a tree climbing contest. It should be fun to watch the 3 year old try to climb a tree. I'm just kidding. I'm not that bad of a dad! I will say that although I have done this a few times now, it is good to walk a few days in her shoes with the kids. It gives me a whole new appreciation for her when she gets home. Well time to go round them up for another movie.

3 comments:

Molly said...

You are the Man!!! I like your new header picture, very cool.

Fianna said...

I was wondering how it was going! Glad to hear all is well. I have a new appreciation for parents with more than 1 kid. 2 girls is incredibly tough...3 boys...ya'll are amazing...

Robocop said...

Advice when it comes to watching the kids. Right before the wife walks into the door, give them M&M's, and Mountain Dew. Then step out on an errand after she gets reunited with them.