Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Yay, I have a blog, yay!!!

The name says it all, shits and giggles. My other half got me going on blogging, and I wonder where it can take a person.

How is it possible to develop friendships without knowing a person, without seeing their facial expressions, or even being able to tell if they are lying. the only thing you know about me is what I type, I can type whatever I want, and you will all assume that it is genuine and true. What is it about blogging that people enjoy so much? Is it the assumed security of anonymity, or the ability to talk (or type) anything you want with no repercussions? Is it the yearning to find a listening ear (even if the ear is technological and transcribes everything into sequences of 1's and 0's)? Maybe it is just the thought of being able to say what you want without the possibility of judgment from the computer. Whatever the reason, many people do it, and are better off. It possibly saves people from feeling lonely in times that they need to feel some sort of kinship and belonging; and for that I think that it may be worth it.

Thank you Apple (my computers name) for listening to my tyrade and not passing judgment on me or my beliefs.

2 comments:

Sauntering Soul said...

Just found you via Kaytabug. So, um, welcome to blogging! Hope you enjoy it.

Robocop said...

My other half got me into this as well. Good luck.